Friday, May 8, 2015

Meet the Blogger: Rita Cain

Rita Cain at La Tour Eiffel
Hello, my name is Rita Cain. I am a senior French and International Studies major with a minor in Spanish. I have spent this past semester interning with the World Languages and Cultures department here at Fredonia.

During my time as an intern, I have had the opportunity to work with students and professors within the department for the blog, The International Buzz. This has been an absolute pleasure for me. I met with students to interview them and learned about each person’s experience with studying a language and their adventures and aspirations abroad. It is safe to safe that I now have an even longer list of places that I want to visit! I attended various events put on by the student groups and the department, which furthered my knowledge of a particular aspect in culture and language. I corresponded with students and professors who wanted to compose a blog entry on a particular topic that interested them. In addition, I also interviewed students and professors to create a video for the department. All of these interactions were amazing. Not only did I build new relationships within the department, I found new topics of interest to learn about.

Next year, I will be attending graduate school at King’s College in London for European Studies. I am incredibly excited to be able to spend a year abroad and further my studies. Reflecting on my experience at Fredonia, I know that my success has been positively impacted by Fredonia. I am fortunate to have studied in such a supporting environment. I have made so many friends in my language classes and have even traveled with them. My professors have been very knowledgeable and their help has be invaluable for helping me improve myself as a student and plan my future career. For this reason, I am so incredibly glad that I was able to give back to the department as I worked with them this semester. 

1 comment: